Cummings School will be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community that attracts and retains exceptional faculty, staff, and students. Everyone is appreciated, supported, and valued as they grow and thrive.
Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine is only as strong as its faculty, staff, and students. We will build a work and learning environment that supports mental health and well-being, and is responsive to our community—collectively and as individuals. We will embrace and celebrate differences; champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging; foster openness to new ideas; create opportunities for growth at all levels; and empower every member of our community.
Our strategic priorities include:
- Revising student recruitment processes and admission policies to enhance diversity.
- Doubling our D.V.M. student financial aid budget by 2026 and reducing student debt.
- Strengthening and expanding our mental health and ability support services.
- Supporting the career development of faculty.
- Creating a work environment that attracts the best faculty and staff.
- Developing a culture of environmental sustainability that reduces our environmental footprint.
- Developing a sustainable financial plan for success.