30-Minute Mentor Program
Goal: to provide Cummings School students with the opportunity to engage in meaningful dialogue with Tufts DVM alumni from diverse backgrounds and specialties to gain perspective on how their degree might be put into practice.
How the program works:
- Zoom and other virtual communication tools (phone, Skype, FaceTime or Google Hangout) make it possible for all alumni to participate—regardless of their geographic location.
- Mentors are asked to submit a brief biography and answer a set of standard questions. This information is then added to a shared spreadsheet to which only approved student mentees have access.
- As a mentor, you are asked to commit to one, 30-minute mentorship conversation for each mentee and complete a brief follow-up survey after the session. This time restriction engages alumni who want to help students but have limited time to spare and are unable to make a long term commitment to mentorship. Should you and the student wish to connect further, you are welcome to do so any time, but that will not be an expectation.
- We ask alumni mentors to make a one-year commitment to the program. If you need a break, we are happy to hide your name on the spreadsheet of available mentors.
We're always looking for new mentors! To participate, please email email@example.com with your responses to the following:
- Class year:
- State/country of current practice:
- Current employer:
- Role at current employment:
- Previous employment:
- Additional training/schooling after veterinary school:
- Areas of interest:
- Specialty (if different from area of interest):
- Introvert or extrovert:
- Preferred method of contact:
- Preferred month of contact: