We encourage you to follow this guide to ensure that you complete all the necessary steps in the application process.
Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University participates in a common web-based application called the Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS). This service will receive, process, and forward your application to Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University. For fall 2021 enrollment, the application will be available beginning on January 22, 2020, and is due by September 15, 2020, at 11:59 pm EST. Submit your completed VMCAS application by the deadline of September 15, 2020, at 11:59 pm EST, to be considered for admission for enrollment in fall 2021.
To apply to the DVM program, please follow these steps:
- Complete the VMCAS application and select Tufts University from the list of programs.
- Request your official transcripts to be sent directly to VMCAS. We require that you submit official transcripts for all colleges and universities attended, including undergraduate and graduate programs. Please follow the instructions on the VMCAS application. VMCAS will forward your transcripts to Tufts.
VMCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9126
Watertown, MA 02471
- Request three letters of evaluation, which should be from those who know the applicant well, understand academic and professional demands and have had the opportunity to evaluate the applicant's personal qualities and potential as a veterinarian and veterinary medical student. Three letters of evaluation, one from each of the following areas:
- A faculty member who taught you a course in your major or who taught you in a science course. If you have completed graduate work, you should choose an appropriate graduate school faculty member who taught you in a course.
- A pre-veterinary, pre-medical, or pre-health professions committee representative, or from a dean, advisor, or second faculty member as described in (a), above.
- A veterinarian or research scientist with whom you have had considerable experience.
- Be sure to answer the Tufts-specific questions under the "Questions" tab on your VMCAS application. These questions serve as our supplemental application, so there is no need for you to log in to a different site to complete a supplemental application for Tufts. The entire application is located within the VMCAS application.
- Be sure to complete the Tufts-specific prerequisites section under the “Prerequisites” tab on your VMCAS application.
- Submit your completed VMCAS application by the deadline of September 15, 2020, at 11:59 pm EST to be considered for admission for enrollment in fall 2021.
In addition to the application fee charged by VMCAS, you must also pay a $70 nonrefundable fee directly to Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University. You will receive an email from Tufts with a link to the payment site approximately one week after the September 15 deadline. Your application will be considered incomplete until this fee is paid.