Reapplicants, Deferments & Transfer Admissions
Applicants who were not offered admission are welcome to reapply. If you would like feedback on your previous application as well as advice on how to strengthen your candidacy, please contact the admissions office for an appointment at email@example.com. Reapplicants must apply through VMCAS.
Admitted applicants may request a one-year deferment of their admission. Deferment requests are reviewed by the Admissions Committee on a case-by-case basis and may be granted for reasons such as a unique employment opportunity, fellowship program, or family or medical emergency. Deferments beyond one year are not allowed.
DVM Transfer Admission
Transfer students are admitted to the second year of our DVM program when space is available. Compatibility between Cummings School and the current veterinary school’s curriculum is required. Please contact us before you apply to ensure eligibility.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Application for admission
- An official transcript from their current veterinary school, as well as official transcripts from all other schools, attended. Please note that applicants must have successfully fulfilled the DVM prerequisites for admission
- A personal statement explaining the reasons for seeking transfer
- Letters of evaluation, which should be requested from those who know the applicant well, understand academic and professional demands and have had the opportunity to evaluate the applicant’s personal qualities and potential as a veterinarian and veterinary medical student. Three letters of evaluation, one from each of the following areas:
- A faculty member at the current veterinary school
- A pre-veterinary, pre-medical, or pre-health professions committee, or from a dean, advisor, or faculty member
- A veterinarian or research scientist with whom the applicant has had considerable experience