AVM Middle School Program
The Adventures in Veterinary Medicine Middle School program is a fun and exciting way for middle school students to spend one week learning about being a veterinarian and the varied career opportunities within the profession through hands-on activities and classroom experiences.
- Explore specialty fields and important topics in veterinary medicine through engaging lectures by Tufts faculty, staff, and vet students.
- Get up close and personal with the animals on the Cummings School Farm while learning proper animal handling techniques and performing physical examinations.
- Build your vet skills! Practice bandaging and suturing, learn how to read x-rays, give a clinical exam to a dog, and work as a team to solve a challenging medical case.
- Learn how to intubate in our state-of-the art Simulation Lab
NOTE: The Adventures in Veterinary Medicine program is located in Grafton, MA on Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine's campus, approximately 45–60 minutes west of Boston (not in Medford/Somerville on the main Tufts University campus).
Eligibility: Students who have entered 7th or 8th grade as of this past September are eligible for all middle school sessions. Middle school applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis for each session.
Classes: Classes begin daily at 9 a.m. and end at 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Housing: Middle school sessions are commuter day programs and do not include housing. Local accommodations can be found on the Cummings School website. We have also prepared a list of additional accommodations.
Students whose applications are complete will be evaluated and accepted on a first-come, first-served basis with confirmed deposit until sessions are full. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance status within two to three weeks. Students with incomplete applications will not be accepted until all required materials are submitted. Seats cannot be reserved.
Completed Application Requirements
- Submitted Online Application
- Grade Level Verification
- Nonrefundable Deposit of $400