AVM High School Program
The Adventures in Veterinary Medicine High School Program is an engaging and fun way for high school students to spend two weeks learning more about the veterinary profession. This is your opportunity to dig into veterinary medicine through an exciting and intensive program where you’ll be surrounded by others who share your passion for animals, health, and science.
- Explore specialty fields and important topics in veterinary medicine through informative lectures by Tufts faculty, staff, and vet students.
- Get up close and personal with the animals on the Cummings School Farm while learning proper animal handling techniques and performing physical examinations.
- Build your vet skills! Practice bandaging and suturing, learn how to read x-rays, give a clinical exam to a dog, and work as a team to solve a challenging medical case.
- Career Awareness: Interact with current veterinary students so you can begin to envision yourself as a future veterinarian!
- Capstone Project: Work in small groups to create a capstone project on a current topic in veterinary health and present it in front of your peers.
- Exposure to all the different career options in veterinary medicine