Soft Tissue Surgery
Referring a client to Foster Hospital is easy with veterinarian liaison support.
The soft tissue surgery service at the Foster Hospital for Small Animals is overseen by our board-certified faculty, who specialize in treating problems of the chest and abdomen and external parts of the body. In addition to surgery, the service also performs diagnostic evaluations of surgical candidates.
Common conditions addressed by soft tissue surgeons include exterior masses, serious wounds, upper airway and oral cavity diseases, surgically resectable benign and malignant tumors and surgical conditions of the heart, lungs and other internal organs.
Use of advanced techniques for postoperative pain control is an important focus of the service. Postoperative monitoring by critical care veterinarians is available on a 24-hour basis for patients that require it.
Advanced Techniques in Soft Tissue Surgery
- Laparoscopic ovariectomy, gastropexy, liver biopsy
- Thoracoscopic pericardiectomy
- Minimally invasive surgeries
- Complex oncologic (cancer) surgery
- Limb sparing surgery for bone cancer
- Thoracic surgery
- Surgery of the biliary tract
- Endocrine surgery
- Complex gastrointestinal surgery
- Surgery for ectopic ureters and ureteral calculi
- Ureteral stent placement
- Surgery for patients with conditions requiring specialized anesthesia or analgesia, patients with coagulation disorders, and patients with significant concurrent diseases
- Reconstructive surgery for patients with major skin loss resulting from cancer or trauma
- Management of challenging wounds, including vacuum-assisted closure