Cummings Veterinary Diagnostic Lab supports the diagnosis of disease through laboratory testing of blood and other bodily fluids, tissues, and microscopic evaluation of individual cells. Our on-site clinical pathology laboratory is fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. All testing is performed by highly-trained medical technologists, each with many years of both human and veterinary clinical pathology experience.
- Routine clinical pathology diagnostic testing with rapid turnaround time; includes:
- Hematology tests (CBC, reticulocyte count, blood type, crossmatch, canine Coombs test)
- Clinical chemistry tests (serum and urine)
- Coagulation tests (PT/PTT)
- Fluid and cytology analysis
- Fecal analysis by centrifugation with or without egg quantification
- Abnormal CBCs, cytology, and fluid samples are reviewed by on-site ACVP board-certified clinical pathologists.
Requests for patient testing must be made by a licensed veterinarian or an official animal agency representative. Please contact the Laboratory Manager prior to sample submission for account set up, availability of testing and price quotes. Samples will be accepted only with prior account setup. No testing can be performed at the request of a private animal owner.