The Cummings Veterinary Medical Center at Tufts' Hospital for Large Animals has among the most advanced imaging systems available, including:
- Toshiba Aquilion spiral CT scanner
- 1.5-Tesla Siemens MRI
- Nuclear scintigraphy or bone scan via a Siemens LFOV Gamma Camera
- Digitized fluoroscopy with Shimadzu RS-110 remote machine
- Digital radiograpy
- Electrodiagnostic imaging
- Fiber optic and endoscopy (one meter and three meter)
Through non-invasive techniques, the Cummings Veterinary Medical Center is now able to image nearly every structure in the body, allowing us to make comprehensive diagnoses of problems and treat horses and other animals with more targeted therapies.
In addition, the Hospital for Large Animals is the only facility in New England to offer the services of on-site specialists, board certified by the American College of Veterinary Radiologists. These faculty are available for consultation in unique and challenging cases.