Students apply to the DVM/MS–LAM program by May 15 of their first year of veterinary school.
The application requirements for applicants to the DVM/MS–LAM program include the following:
- Students must have successfully completed the first semester of the DVM program at Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University and be full-time students in good academic standing.
- Students must have successfully completed the spring selective Introduction to Laboratory Animal Medicine.
- Students must be citizens or non-citizen nationals of the United States or have been lawfully admitted for permanent residency.
Up to six students are admitted each year to the DVM/MS–LAM program. Selection is based upon the following criteria:
- Application and Essays
- Letter of Evaluation
- Academic Performance at Cummings School
- DVM Application Materials
Applicants are notified of admission to the program by June 15 in order to begin one of their summer Applied Learning Experiences.