The application requirements for applicants to the DVM/MS–LAM program include the following:
- Students must have successfully completed the first semester of the DVM program at Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University and be full-time students in good academic standing.
- Students must have successfully completed the spring selective Introduction to Laboratory Animal Medicine.
- Students must submit the LAM application for admission.
- Students must submit to the admissions office a letter of evaluation from a Cummings School faculty member who can speak to the student’s interest in and potential for a career in laboratory animal medicine.
A maximum of six students are admitted each year. Admission is based upon the following criteria:
- Application and Essays
- Letter of Evaluation
- Academic Performance at Cummings School
- DVM Application Materials
Applicants are notified of admission to the program by June 15 in order to begin one of their summer Applied Learning Experiences.