Phase 1 of the Master Plan
To continue our tradition of excellence, we need physical space that matches the quality of the care we offer. We envision a welcoming, well-designed veterinary medical center that makes it easier and more comfortable for families to get the care their animals need and for clinicians and students to do their essential work. With an expanded lobby, more exam spaces, larger treatment rooms to facilitate care and teaching, and a dedicated room for grieving families, we will be well on our way toward bringing this vision to life.
The first phase of our project will renovate areas of the Henry and Lois Foster Hospital for Small Animals and a small portion of the large animal hospital. Phase 1 includes:
- Larger reception areas with more natural light, comfortable seating, and other client amenities
- Twenty-five percent more state-of-the-art exam rooms, designed with convenient access from the reception areas
- New, larger treatment rooms for specialty services in ophthalmology, cardiology, neurology, and dermatology
- New direct exterior access to the ER suite to facilitate treatment for these priority patients
- Expanding imaging service with new ultrasound rooms, and reducing patient wait times
- Larger clinical teaching and consultation spaces equipped with electronic medical records and other new information capabilities
- A new bereavement room with access to an outdoor bereavement garden
Our larger master plan will reshape the Tufts Veterinary Hospitals into the Northeast's most advanced treatment and education center.