Jacque Tremblay is a Senior Research Assistant with a B.S. from Purdue University and thirteen years previous experience as a Research Assistant/Associate in the department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Kansas Medical Center. Among other things, she is using phage display to identify heavy-chain-only VHH antibodies that bind with high affinity, as well as to different epitopes, and in some cases are neutralizers, on BoNT/A, BoNT/B, BoNT/E, Stx1, Stx2, TcdA, TcdB, Ricin A, Ricin B, HCD40, HCEA, PAWT, killed viruses, and several different types of algae and schisto proteins. She is currently a foster mom to a toddler boy and hopes to someday be able to adopt him. She enjoys spending time with her family in New Hampshire and Connecticut. Her most recent publications are:
- Mukherjee J, Tremblay JM, Leysath CE, Ofori K, Baldwin K, Feng X, Bedenice D, Webb RP, Wright PM, Smith LA, Tzipori S, Shoemaker CB. 2012. A novel strategy for development of recombinant antitoxin therapeutics tested in a mouse botulism model. PLoS ONE. 7(1):e29941.
- Tremblay JM, Kuo CL, Abeijon C, Sepulveda J, Oyler G, Hu X, Jin MM, Shoemaker CB. 2010. Camelid single domain antibodies (VHHs) as neuronal cell intrabody binding agents and inhibitors of Clostridium botulinum neurotoxin (BoNT) proteases. Toxicon. 56:990-8.
- Sepulveda J, Tremblay JM, Skelly PJ, Shoemaker CB. 2010. Schistosoma mansoni host-exposed surface antigens characterized by sera and recombinant antibodies from schistosomiasis resistant rats. Int. J. Parasitol. 40:1407-17.
- Tremblay JM, Unruh JR, Johnson CK, Yarbrough LR. Mechanism of interaction of PITPalpha with membranes: conformational changes in the C-terminus associated with membrane binding. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2005 Dec 15;444(2):112-20.
- Vordtriede PB, Doan CN, Tremblay JM, Helmkamp GM Jr, Yoder MD. Structure of PITPbeta in complex with phosphatidylcholine: comparison of structure and lipid transfer to other PITP isoforms. Biochemistry. 2005 Nov 15;44(45):14760-71.
- Li H, Tremblay JM, Yarbrough LR, Helmkamp GM Jr. Both isoforms of mammalian phosphatidylinositol transfer protein are capable of binding and transporting sphingomyelin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002 Jan 30;1580(1):67-76.
- Tremblay JM, Li H, Yarbrough LR, Helmkamp GM Jr. Modifications of cysteine residues in the solution and membrane-associated conformations of phosphatidylinositol transfer protein have differential effects on lipid transfer activity. Biochemistry. 2001 Aug 7;40(31):9151-8.
- Yoder MD, Thomas LM, Tremblay JM, Oliver RL, Yarbrough LR, Helmkamp GM Jr. Structure of a multifunctional protein. Mammalian phosphatidylinositol transfer protein complexed with phosphatidylcholine. J Biol Chem. 2001 Mar 23;276(12):9246-52.