Many surgical and diagnostic procedures on large animals require anesthesia for a thorough and careful approach. This population of patients can be challenging to safely anesthetize. At the Hospital for Large Animals at Cummings Veterinary Medical Center at Tufts, the animals are anesthetized by a highly trained group of board-certified anesthesiologists and certified technician anesthetists. The team at Cummings Veterinary Medical Center uses safe and effective techniques for minimizing pain and providing a smooth recovery. Their goals include patient comfort and reduction of patient stress.
- For appointments call: 508-839-7926
- For emergencies call: 508-839-7926
- Cheryl Blaze, MBA, PhD, BVSc, DACVAA
- Alicia M. Karas, DVM, MS, DACVAA
Anesthesia, Pain Medicine
- Lois Wetmore, BS, DVM, MS, SD, DACVAA
Anesthesia, Pain Pharmacogenetics