- All routine histology services: processing of surgical specimens from detailed gross examination to interpretation of finished Hematoxylin & Eosin slides.
- Full necropsy service.
- Special staining panels reflexively performed on certain specimens: for example, liver biopsies routinely include copper and Sirius Red (fibrin) staining. Kidney biopsies cut thin (three microns) and include Periodic Acid Schiff and Gomori’s Methenamine Silver staining.
- Additional special stains available on request.
- Immunohistochemistry optimized on canine and feline tissue, select antibodies on avian, murine, and equine.
- Diagnostic interpretation and issue of full pathology report with rapid turnaround, usually within 48 hours of specimen receipt.
- Consultations and second opinions on outside cases. Submit either unstained or H&E slides along with pertinent history and reports.
Biopsy and autopsy services available at the Histopathology Department at Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University.