The Behavior Clinic at the Foster Hospital for Small Animals successfully treats many common animal behavior problems, including:
- Aggression directed at people or other animals;
- Anxiety issues, including separation anxiety and thunderstorm phobia;
- Compulsive disorders such as tail chasing, shadow chasing, flank sucking and wool sucking;
- Species-typical behaviors such as urine spraying;
- Nuisance behaviors such as excessive barking, digging, nipping and jumping on people.
Treatment typically involves a combination of behavior modification for pets and management recommendations for owners. Medication may also be used when necessary.