Department of Clinical Sciences
Radiology Residency (1991-1994) - Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine
Graduate Program (1988-1991) - University of Georgia, College of Veterinary Medicine
Veterinary Medicine (1980-1986) - Universidad de LaSalle, Bogota, Colombia
American College of Veterinary Radiology
General Research Interest
- Nuclear medicine: Imaging of infection, staging of neoplasia, clinical use of novel radiopharmaceuticals
- Diagnostic imaging of marine animals
- Dr. Solano has a general clinical interest in MRI, Ultrasound, Radiology, and CT and also enjoys teaching all aspects of clinical diagnostic imaging to veterinary students and private practitioners
- Diagnostic Imaging (musculoskeletal lectures)
- Anatomy (basics of radiology)
- Neurology (MRI of the brain & spine)
- Musculoskeletal pathobiology (radiology of infection, trauma, and developmental diseases)
- PBL (2nd year)
- C.R. Smith, M. Solano, S.P. Johnson, S.K. Venn-Watson, E.D. Jensen, C.K. Renalk scintigraphy in 9 bottle nose dolphins using technectium mercaptoacetyltriglycine(99mMAG3). American College of Veterinary Radiology Proceedings, Asheville NC, 2010.
- Mayer J, Hunt K, Eshar D, Solano M. Thyroid Scintigraphy in a Guinea Pig with Suspected Hyperthyroidism. Exotic DVM Veterinary Magazine 2009, Vol 11, No.1, p. 25.
- Solano M, Innis C, Smith C, Merigo C, Weber E. Scintigraphic and radiographic Evaluation of Appendicular Skeletal Lesions in Cold-Stunned Kemp’s Ridley Sea turtles. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound 2008, Vol 29, No. 4, pp. 388-394.
- Kleine L, Solano M, Rusckowski M, Hunt KE, Johnson KL, Kirker-Head CA. Evaluation of 99m technetium-labeled biotin as a soft tissue inflammation seeking agent in horses. Am J Vet Res. 2008, May, 69(5), pp. 639-46.
- Solano M, Welcome J. Effects of acepromazine in skeletal uptake of diphosphonates in horses. Vet Radiology and Ultrasound. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2005, Sep-Oct; 46(5):437-42.
- Sato AF, Solano M. Ultrasonographic findings in abdominal mast cell disease. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound. 2004, Vol 45, No.1, pp. 51-57.
- Solano M, Brawer S. CT of the equine head: technical considerations, anatomical guide and selected diseases. Clinical techniques in equine practice. Vol 4, No. 4, Dec 2004.
- Solano M. Diagnostic imaging of the ear (textbook chapter), in Small Animal Ear Diseases/An Illustrated Guide, by Gotthelf L. 2nd edition. Elsevier Health Sciences.