Linda A. Ross
Department of Clinical Sciences
Small Animal Medicine
DVM - University of Illinois - 1974
MS - University of Georgia - 1980
ACVIM (SA Internal Medicine)
General Research Interest
Research Sponsor Interest
- Privately Funded Research
- Federally Funded Research
Selected Research Projects
Evaluation of the safety of extracorporeal shock-wave lithotripsy in cats.
Retrospective evaluation of kidney and liver tissue samples for evidence of leptospirosis.
Assessment of complement C3 levels and antibody-antigen levels in normal dogs and dogs with glomerulonephritis.
Research and Clinical Interests
- Pathophysiology and treatment of renal failure
- Evaluation of renal function
- Laser lithotripsy
- Specialized imaging
- Urodynamic testing
Major Specialized Equipment Items Available
- Laser for Lithotripsy
- Urodynamic Tesing Equipment
- Ross LA: Calcium oxalate urolithiasis in dogs and cats. Standards of Care in Emerg Crit Care Med 7:1-12, 2005.
- Ross LA: Acute renal failure. Standards of Care in Emerg Crit Care Med, 8:1-9, May 2006
- Acierno MA, Labato MA, Stern L, Mukherjee J, Jakowski RM, Ross LA : Levels of The Third Component of Complement (C3) in Dogs with Protein Losing Nephropathy. Am J Vet Res, 67: 1105-1109, 2006.
- Rossi T, Ross LA: Diabetes insipidus. Compend Cont Educ Prac Vet [Small Animal], 30:43-5, January 2008.
- Ross LA, Labato MA: Peritoneal dialysis. In Fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base disorders y in small animal practice, 3rd ed., SP DiBartola, ed., Saunders Elsevier, St. Louis, Mo 2006, pp. .635-649.
- Ross LA. Acute renal failure. In Current Veterinary Therapy XIV., J Bonagura (ed), Elsevier Saunders, 2008