Deborah Linder, DVM, DACVN
Research Assistant Professor
Head of Tufts Obesity Clinic for Animals
Clinical Nutrition Service
Department of Clinical Sciences
Phone: 508-839-5395 ext. 84696
DVM - Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine - 2009
BS - Duke University- 2005
- Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Nutrition (DACVN)
- AAVN Member (American Academy of Veterinary Nutrition)
- BNORC Member (Boston Nutrition Obesity Research Center)
General Research Interests
- Obesity Management
- Client Education & Communication
- Human Animal Interaction (HAI)
Selected Research Projects
- Optimal nutrient profile of weight loss diets
Research & Clinical Interest Projects
- Obesity Management in Dogs and Cats
- Collaborative Obesity Projects in Human and Animal Health
- Human Animal Interaction (HAI) in Clinical Practice and Research
- Small Animal Medicine course (Obesity lecture)
- Adventures in Veterinary Medicine (AVM)
Linder, DE. Weighing in on obesity: prevention, treatment and management. Vet Nurse 2012;3(8):502- 507.
Linder DE, Freeman LM, Morris P, German AJ, Biourge V, Heinze C, Alexander L. Theoretical evaluation of risk for nutritional deficiency with caloric restriction in dogs. Vet Quart 2012; 32:123-9.
Linder DE, Freeman LM. Evaluation of calorie density and feeding directions for commercially available diets designed for weight loss in dogs and cats. J Am Vet Med Assoc, 2010; 236:74-77.
Weaver LA, Blaze CA, Linder D, Andrutis KA, Karas AZ. A model for clinical evaluation of perioperative analgesia in the rabbit. J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci, 2010; 49:845-851.