Mary A. Labato
Small Animal Medicine
Department of Clinical Sciences
DVM - Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine - 1983
- Micturition Disorders: Small Animal Medicine & Surgery
- Micturition Disorders, Non-Neurogenic: Renal Pathophysiology
- Drugs for the Kidney & Lower Urinary Tract Disorders: Renal Pathophysiology
- Case Examples: Renal Pathophysiology
- Ethical Issues & Euthanasia
- Pulmonary Fibrosis: A Case Example - Respiratory Pathophysiology
General Research Interest
- Interventional Endourology
- Regenerative Medicine
Selected Research Projects
- Acute Kidney Injury, Glomerulonephritis, Biomarkers
- Feline Urethral Obstructions
- Renal Replacement Therapy
- Labato MA: Editorial : It’s a Kidney, not a Renal, J Vet Emerg Crit Care 21 (6): 587-588, 2012.
- Monaghan K, Nolan BG, Labato MA: Acute Kidney Injury: An approach to diagnosis, treatment and prognosis, submitted to Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery, 2012.
- Monaghan K, Nolan BG, Labato MA: Acute Kidney Injury: Pathophysiology and Etiology, submitted to Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery, 2012.
- Ross LA, Labato MA: Current Techniques for Peritoneal Dialysis, J Vet Emerg Crit Care, submitted for publication, 2012.
- Gauthier C, Labato MA. Lewis M, Bain P: Mycoplasma as the cause of cystitis in a Dog. J of American Animal Hospital, submitted for publication, 2011.
- Cooper RL, Labato MA: Peritoneal Dialysis in Cats With Acute Kidney Injury: 22 cases, J Vet Intern Med 2011;25: 14-19.
- Brown S, Elliot J, Atkins C, Bagley R, Carr A, Cowgill L, Labato MA, et al. ACVIM Consensus Statement, Guidelines for the Identification, Evaluation, and Management of Systemic Hypertension in Dogs and Cats, JVIM, 21(3), 2007.