Deborah T. Kochevar
Department of Biomedical Sciences
Phone: 508-839-5302 x84700
PhD - University of Texas Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences - 1987
DVM - Texas A&M University - 1981
BA - Rice University - 1978
American College of Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology
General Research Interest
Research Sponsor Interest
- Privately Funded Research
- Federally Funded Research
- Internationally Funded Research
Selected Research Projects
- Molecular microenvironment of the degenerative canine joint
- Retinoblastoma gene expression and function in breast adenocarcinoma cells
- Antimicrobial induction of P-glycoprotein expression
Research and Clinical Interests
- Molecular biomarkers of disease
- Clinical pharmacology
- Veterinary medical education
- Evidence-based medicine
Mealey, K.L., Barhoumi, R., Burghardt, R.C., Safe, S., Kochevar, D. Doxycycline induces expression of P glycoprotein in MCF7 breast carcinoma cells. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:755-761, 2002.
Botos, J., Smith, R., Kochevar, D. Retinoblastoma function is a better indicator of cellular phenotype in cultured breast adenocarcinoma cells than retinoblastoma expression. Exp Biol Med 227:354-362, 2002.
Kochevar DT, Fajt V. Evidence-based decision making in small animal therapeutics. Vet Clinics North America, Small Animal 36: 943-960, 2006.