Kristine E. Burgess
Department of Clinical Sciences
Phone: 508-839-5395 ext. 84251
Fax: 508-839-7922 or 7951
DVM - Tufts University - 1997
MS - Harvard University - 1991
BS - University of Massachusetts - 1988
American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine - Oncology
General Research and Clinical Interest
- Understanding the molecular mechanisms that trigger the development of canine/feline cancer and applying those findings into improved diagnostic capabilities and therapeutic options for treatment
- Participating in clinical trials that evaluate the use of novel chemotherapeutics and immunotherapies in various malignancies
Research Sponsor Interest
- Privately Funded Research
- Federally Funded Research
- Frantz AM, Sarver AL, Ito D, Phang TL, Karimpour-Fard A, Scott, MC, Valli VEO, Lindblad-Toh K, Burgess KE, Husbands BD, Henson MS, Borgatti A, Kisseberth WC, Hunter LE, Breen M, O'Brien T and Modiano, JF (2012). Molecular Profiling reveals prognostically significant subtypes of canine lymphoma Vet Path accepted for publication.
- Burgess KE, Mayer J (2012). A proposal for a standardized classification of ferret lymphoma Journal of Exotic Pet Medicine accepted for publication.
- Tsai S, Sutherland-Smith J, Burgess KE, Ruthazer R, Sato A (2011). Imaging Characteristics of Intrathoracic Histiocytic Sarcoma in Dogs Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound 53 (1): 21-27
- Ito D, Endicott M, Jubala C, Burgess KE, et al. (2011). A Tumor Related Lymphoid Progenitor Population Supports Hierarchical Tumor Organization in Canine B Cell Lymphoma. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine 25:890-896
- Thomas R, Seiser EL, Motsinger-Reif A, Borst L, Valli VE, Kelley K, Suter SE, Argyle D, Burgess KE, Bell J, Lindblad-Toh K, Modiano JF, Breen M (2011). Refining tumor-associated aneuploidy through "genomic recording" of recurrent DNA copy number aberrrations in 150 canine non-Hodgkin lymphomas. Leukemia and Lymphoma Early Online Edition March 2011
- Rau, SE, Barber, LG, Burgess, KE (2010). Efficacy of maropitant (CereniaTM) in the prevention of delayed vomiting associated with doxorubicin administration. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine 24(6): 1452-1457.
- Burgess, KE, Wood, DR, Green, EM, Dubielzig RR (2010). Nasal Angiofibroma in 13 Dogs. Veterinary Comparative Oncology vol 9 (4):304-309.
- DeRegis CJ, Keating, JH, Burgess KE (2010). Review of immunohistochemistry and proliferation indices for diagnosis of canine caner. Veterinary Comparative Oncology, Submitted
- Burr, H, Keating, JH, Burgess, KE (2010). Feline Tarsal Lymphoma: A Retrospective, Multi-Institutional Study. JAVMA in preparation
- M. Gauthier, L.G. Barber, K.E. Burgess (2009). Identifying and Treating Anal Sac Adenocarcinoma in the Dog. Veterinary Medicine 104 (2): 74-81.
- Rau, SE and Burgess, KE (2008). PRL-3 Expression in Metastatic Cancers. Veterinary Cancer Society Newsletter.