Lisa G. Barber
Department of Clinical Sciences
DVM - Ohio State University - 1992
BA - Swarthmore College
Board Certification ACVIM, Specialty of Oncology
General Research Interest
Research Sponsor Interest
- Privately Funded Research
- Federally Funded Research
- Clinical Skills I
- Basic and Clinical Pharmacology of Chemotherapy Agents
- Small Animal Medicine & Surgery - Oncology
- Evidence-Based Medicine - Lymphoma
Research & Clinical Interests
- Biological response modifiers and immunotherapy in the treatment of cancer
- Epidemiology of cancer
- Palliative care in veterinary cancer patients
- Biology and treatment of canine thyroid tumors
- Takashima-Uebelhoer, Barber LG, Zagarins SE, Protcter-Gray E, Gollenberg A, Moore AS, Bertone-Johnson ER. Household chemical exposures and the risk of canine malignant lymphoma, a model for human non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Environmental Research 2012; 112:171-176.
- Rau SE, Barber LG, Burgess KE. Efficacy of maropitant in the prevention of delayed vomiting associated with administration of doxorubicin to dogs. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine 2010; 24:1452-1457.
- Griessmayr P, Payne S, Winter J, Barber LG, Shofer F. Dacarbazine (DTIC) as single-agent therapy for relapsed lymphoma in dogs. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine 2009; 23:1227-1231.
- Winter JL, Barber LG, Freeman L, Griessmayr PC, Milbury PE, Blumberg JB. Antioxidant status and biomarkers of oxidative stress in dogs with lymphoma. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine 2009; 23:311-316.
- Gauthier MJ, Barber LG, Burgess KE. Identifying and treating anal sac carcinoma in dogs. Veterinary Medicine 2009; 104(2):74-81.
- McNeil C, Sorenmo K, Shofer F, Gibeon L, Durham A, Barber LG, Baez J, Overley B. Evaluation of adjuvant doxorubicin-based chemotherapy for the treatment of feline mammary carcinoma. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine 2009; 23:123-129.
- Bertone-Johnson ER, Procter-Gray E, Gollenberg AL, Ryan M, Barber LG. Environmental tobacco smoke and canine urinary cotinine level. Environmental Research, 2008; 106:361-364.