Serving Cummings School students, faculty, and staff, the Webster Family Library contains the largest collection of clinical veterinary medicine literature and resources in New England. It is a primary resource for our students to find the support, services, and resources they need to succeed.
Library Resources and Tools
Our campus library provides students various resources and tools to help in their research and course work.
Tufts Library Catalog helps students find books, journals, and electronic sources from the Tufts University library collections.
Databases and Indexes: A selective list of databases relevant to researching veterinary medical literature, as well as database searching tools. A complete list of databases is in the Tufts Library Catalog.
Problem-Based Learning Resources provide students with the information and sources they need in their problem-based learning courses.
JumboSearch is a discovery search tool that provides students a “one-stop” search of the library databases, journal articles, theses, newspapers, and more, providing quick access to full text journal articles and electronic books.
The Webster Family Library offers various services to assist students with their endeavors in the library:
Reference and Research Assistance
The Webster Family Library librarians can help you find specific information, show you how to research a topic, and help you locate the best electronic or print resources.
Our librarians are dedicated to helping you get the resources you need, whether they’re found in our collection or not.
- Borrow from the Webster Family Library collection: Tufts University faculty, staff and students can borrow materials from the library upon presentation of a valid Tufts University ID.
- Request a copy of an article or book chapter in the library collection: Interlibrary Loan (ILL) staff will provide scanned PDFs of articles from journals and copy chapters from books in the Webster Family Library collection.
- Request a source from another library: Cummings School students, faculty, and staff who need materials not available at the Webster Family Library may request items using the Tufts Library Catalog or ILLiad. Items will be delivered to your ILLiad account or to the library’s circulation desk.
Printing and Photocopying
There are two printers, two photocopy machines, and two scanners available for student use within the library.
- Laptops are available for faculty, staff, and students to borrow.
- Technology Instruction: The library fosters information literacy for our students by offering a selection of classes and tutorials in basic software applications, web-related topics, and course-specific search techniques.
The staff at the Webster Family Library is happy to help you; contact us for further assistance.