Students may apply to participate in the DVM/MS in Comparative Biomedical Sciences (DVM/MS-CBS) program when applying to Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University or any year after matriculation. The application deadline is March 1. Applicants must select a program faculty member as their mentor and prepare a research proposal in one of the various Research Areas of the program. The proposal must be submitted to the the DVM/MS Training and Graduate Program committees for assessment. The application for admission is available online.
The application requirements for applicants to the DVM/MS–CBS program include the following:
- Students must have successfully completed a minimum of one year of the DVM program at Cummings School.
- Students must be enrolled full time and be in good academic standing.
- Students must be citizens or non-citizen nationals of the United States or have been lawfully admitted for permanent residency.
Three students are admitted each year to the DVM/MS–CBS program. Selection is based upon the following criteria:
- Application and Essays
- Research Proposal
- Letter of Evaluation
- Academic Performance at the Cummings School
- DVM Application Materials
Applicants are notified of admission to the program by March 15 and begin training in June.