Careers at Cummings Veterinary Medical Center
Join our team! We are currently interviewing veterinary technicians, animal care attendants and client services assistants with solid professional skills, a passion for animals and a desire to make a difference in the lives of animals and humans.
Be on the forefront of the veterinary medical profession at Cummings Veterinary Medical Center.
Our integrated care teams combine state-of-the-art science, clinical expertise and the human touch to provide veterinary care that goes beyond healing the patient to caring for the entire family. Not only do we train and engage future veterinarians but we help advance the field of veterinary medicine through integrated research programs. Our faculty and staff are exposed to the latest research and leading edge treatments and share their passion and companionship with clients and their families.
Currently Seeking Qualified Candidates
Respected members of our clinical care teams, Veterinary Technicians collaborate with a group of committed, passionate professionals to provide high quality patient care in a state of the art environment. Veterinary Technicians help with patient treatments and procedures, technician appointments/discharges, special procedures and client education. In addition, the Veterinary Technician may supervise and instruct veterinary students on rotations. To broaden clinical skills, Veterinary Technicians are encouraged to pursue professional growth and obtain CVT certification or VTS status.
The ideal candidate for the variety of Veterinary Technician positions will possess the following qualifications:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Veterinary Technology program or related field of study. We welcome inquiries from recent graduates as well as experienced veterinary technicians who are CVT certified or eligible and have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work effectively in a busy clinical setting as a member of a diverse team of clinical and administrative professionals.
Our Animal Care Attendants are important members of our care teams who provide patient care and feeding along with cleanliness and comfort assistance for all patients in our hospitals. Animal Care Attendants also contribute to general patient care by assisting Veterinary Technicians in completing daily treatments.
The ideal candidate for the Animal Care Attendant position will possess the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with related experience.
- Preferred qualifications are training and knowledge of animal behavior, restraint, feeding and basic sanitation.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team while taking pride in maintaining assigned areas in a hospital environment.
Our Client Services Assistants provide high quality support to clients and our clinical care teams. Responsibilities include greeting and registering clients, admitting and discharging patients, scheduling appointments, assisting with client communications and managing patient records.
The ideal candidate for the Client Services Assistant position will possess the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with two years of customer service experience.
- Associate Degree in a relevant field of study and customer service experience in veterinary or human health care preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills along with the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities within a busy clinical setting.
Vet Techs at Cummings Veterinary Medical Center
As part of Veterinary Technicians Week in October, we highlighted several technicians who have worked at Cummings Veterinary Medical Center. Read their stories.
- Win-Win-WinYou know someone is passionate about their work when they voluntarily miss Sunday Football to help out in the office. For Stephanie Cote, CVT, VTS (Anesthesia), her ‘office’ is the Luke and Lily Lerner Clinic, where she is the highly regarded Lerner Clinic Supervisor. As the anesthesia specialty technician running our spay/neuter ... read more
- The Country Life is the BestA proud country girl, Jen Lucy puts her vast knowledge of large animal medicine to good use as the lone veterinary technician at Tufts Ambulatory Service. From bovine in vitro fertilization, to lab tests and farm calls, Jen Lucy is on the job. ... read more
- Paying it ForwardTwenty years into her career as a veterinary technician, Sandra Robbins continues to evolve as a CVT and VTS by challenging herself in new areas. Learn about how vast the field of veterinary technology is through her story. ... read more
- 30 Years on and Going StrongThe CVT in Ophthalmology has seen it all. Over the course of three decades in veterinary medicine Tracey Elmes has had a varied and rewarding career, and, she shows no signs of slowing down. ... read more
- Everyday a NewAfter growing up on a dairy farm in rural Vermont, Emily von Gal was pretty sure she didn't want to work with large animals. Now, having spent the last 10 years as a CVT at the Hospital for Large Animals, she loves what she does. That has a lot to ... read more
- Passion and TeamworkA love for horses from an early age led this veterinary technician into the field of Equine Sports Medicine. Read about how Laurie and the team work to get injured horses (and their riders) back into the ring. ... read more
- Wildlife WhisperersWhen a patient checks in to Tufts Wildlife Clinic, they’re a long way from home. In order to get them on the road to recovery, veterinary technicians Christine Powers and Paula McCarthy strive to make them feel as comfortable as possible. Together, they keep the Tufts Wildlife Center a friendly ... read more
- Seizing the OpportunityKate Zukowski has a special way of looking at her work. Read about how she puts her 15+ years of veterinary technician experience to good use at Tufts at Tech. ... read more
Tufts University offers a generous benefit package including health, dental, life, long term disability, long term care and vision insurance, 401 (a), 403 (b), tuition reimbursement, uniforms, paid holidays, generous vacation, personal and sick time. Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.