Open Menu Close Menu Open Search Close Search Open Directory Close Directory

The Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University seeks a motivated, board-certified clinical pathologist at the Assistant Professor or Clinical Instructor level.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

The position involves 70% diagnostic service and teaching (veterinary students and residents). Diagnostic caseload emphasizes companion animals (dogs, cats, horses), exotic pet species, and wildlife. The remaining 30% effort is flexible and may be used to pursue team and/or independent research and other scholarly activities. The Tufts University system, which includes schools of Arts and Science, Medicine, Dentistry, and Nutrition, actively fosters collaboration between campuses. In addition to traditional strengths in infectious disease, neuroscience and regenerative medicine, the Cummings School is strongly committed to comparative oncology research. Individuals with aligned interests are especially encouraged to apply.

QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess a DVM/VMD or equivalent degree and be certified by the ACVP or ECVP or be eligible to take the ACVP certifying exam. Experience in diagnostic clinical pathology, is required. Demonstrated contributions to independent or collaborative research is highly desirable, including a track record of peer reviewed publications, experience teaching at the professional or graduate level is desirable. Strong communication skills, customer service focus, and an ability to work in a team environment are essential.

APPLICATION INFORMATION:  Applicants should submit a cover letter with career goals, CV, and names of three personal references via interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/53169 . For questions, e-mail Dr. Nicholas Robinson (nicholas.robinson@tufts.edu).

Tufts University shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.

Founded in 1852, Tufts University prioritizes quality teaching, highly competitive basic and applied research and a commitment to active citizenship locally, regionally and globally. Tufts University also prides itself on creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. Current and prospective employees of the university are expected to have and continuously develop skill in, and disposition for, positively engaging with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students.

Tufts University is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff and fostering their success when hired. Members of underrepresented groups are welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling Johny Laine in the Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO) at 617.627.3298 or at Johny.Laine@tufts.edu.  Applicants can learn more about requesting reasonable accommodations at http://oeo.tufts.edu.